located in fullerton, ca, an hour or so inland from los angeles, marshall b. ketchum university is an independent, private, non-profit, accredited educational institution.
students and faculty from around the country come to mbku, attracted by our world-class health care curriculum, favorable climate, and easily manageable distance from soaring mountain ranges, sun-drenched beaches and scenic national forests.
currently, mbku's multidisciplinary health care teaching facilities include:
- southern california college of optometry (est. 1904), which confers a doctor of optometry and a master of science in vision science degree. scco boasts a 120+ year record of achievement and could have easily rested on our optometric pedigree. instead, we moved boldly to pioneer interprofessional education and care by integrating with two new and innovative health care education programs (below).
- school of physician assistant studies (est. 2011), which awards a master of medical science degree, and staffs our new pa-run ketchum health family medicine practice with faculty and students from the groundbreaking program.
- college of pharmacy (est. 2013), which welcomed its first class in the fall of 2016 and will award a doctor of pharmacy degree. pharmacy students join those from optometry and pa studies to collaboratively serve patients at our ketchum health facility.
preparing tomorrow’s leaders
the future of health care will play out in fast-paced collaborative settings, in which successful diagnoses and treatment will depend on something we call ‘clinical fluency.’ this is the ability of differently trained specialists to effectively communicate and work together, often under pressure, to ensure positive clinical outcomes and a satisfying patient experience. to meet this fast-emerging shift in medicine, mbku has moved to reimagine both health care education and quality and scope of individualized patient care. by bringing multiple disciplines together in both educational and clinical settings, mbku is preparing future health care practitioners to lead and succeed, regardless of their chosen field or specialty.
learn more about how we put this pioneering concept into practice:
- the university eye center at ketchum health anaheim
- the university eye center at ketchum health los angeles
- ketchum health family medicine practice
we seek to reimagine the future of health care education.
the mission of marshall b. ketchum university is to educate caring, inspired health care professionals who are prepared to deliver collaborative, patient-centric health care in an interprofessional environment.
our core values
marshall b. ketchum university is guided by the values of:
- accountability - we are committed to honesty, fairness and responsibility for our words and actions.
- caring - we strive to address the needs of our university community and others by nurturing a spirit of compassion.
- excellence - consistent with our legacy, we are committed to achieving outcomes of the highest quality.
- innovation - we have the courage to dream and experiment with creative and unique ideas.
- respect - we value the unique talents and diversity of people, strive to work collaboratively, and honor the open exchange of ideas.